Extra Extra

Monday, September 12, 2005

Public Apology for a public forum

For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis I would like to apologize for anything that may have been offensive. I did not realize that by posting for a group of friends that others would want to or try to "discover" it. By using the Bible College's name I was not trying to give this blog and official leg to stand on, but rather making light of a hard school year (last year).

Especially to the faculty and staff of Free Will Baptist Bible College, I wish to apologize. Mr. Hampton, who has served this college faithfully for a number of years, providing countless with the tools and insight to combat culture, Satan, and the like and give them something many professors cannot- a lasting impression. Having only had Mr. Hampton's class on video, I would not begin to know what it would be like to have a class with him, but from others I know that it would be a worthwhile experience. His dedication to teaching men and women from his years of personal and spiritual journeys is invaluable to our college. By simply using his name and in jest suggesting that he does not contribute to this college, I was wrong. I highly respect and admire Mr. Hampton and his accomplishments.

To others on the faculty, I would like to especially apologize that what was meant to be kept between friends has escalated. It was never my intention for this blog, although public in nature, to be seen by 'the masses'.

Out of respect for the Bible College, faculty, staff and students, most posts have been edited or deleted in their entirety. Any further posts will not deal with faculty, staff, or this college.

An apology to Dale Burden is also in order. By using his name and setting this blog in the same format as his publication, the Gist, I hope that I have not caused any confusion or hurt. It was merely to be the “Free Will Baptist Bible College’s Voice for its students”.

Most humbly,
Jamie Lane

1 Comments:

  • "Administrator Blogspot:"

    How insulting. Do you realize what kind of malarky you are spouting? As far as I can tell, Jamie's editing is not due to duress: it's a genuine attempt to alleviate misunderstanding.

    In short, he's trying to do the right thing.

    By Blogger Su, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home