Extra Extra

Friday, September 16, 2005

When Christianity moves from a forward to the heart!

I would like to share with you this touching story:
Amy was a thirty year old mother of six (yep, six). Her husband, Dale, had died a few months before. So here is Amy. Her mother, addicted to drugs, is of no use. Her father, was never around. Her children were too young to cope, some to young to realize. Now... She was alone. Left to work, provide and live life. Well... One day she was sitting at her computer. It was well after all of her kids had went to bed-- and she checked her e-mail. It was from a friend named Kim. It was one of those "If you forward this to 10 people you will love Jesus" kinda things. Well, Amy actually read it. It was a poem. It talked about how good life can be if we give everything up... And stop relying on ourselves and start relying upon government programs. Just what Amy needed at that time in her life!

WAIT!!

You see, that story is completely made up. You see I am frustrated with the "FW:FW:FW:RE:FW:FW JESUS LOVE" e-mails I get a day. If I send it to my closest friends I will be blessed and show them that I love God. Hmm. Something very extra Biblical about that statement! You see forwarding an e-mail is not a way of showing someone you love Jesus. You wanna show love to someone? Do what Jesus did. Go.

Really, its that simple. He went where no one else would go, and talked to people no one else would talk to. He touched the hearts of the hardened and he gave sight to the blind. And He did it all without the internet.

2 Comments:

  • What happened to the old Jamie! I'll take one for the team! Make fun of me all you want! Use this for a disclaimer. It was better when you were, oh, I don't know, being yourself. If you need my permission, then you got it...make fun of David all you want!

    By Blogger Alan, at 8:40 PM  

  • I agree...these forwards that get sent are annoying. I love Jesus regardless of if I send an email to ten people in 30 seconds

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home