Extra Extra

Thursday, September 29, 2005

"John Roberts"

ROBERTS:

John G. Roberts, as of just a few seconds ago was elected by the Senate to serve as the 17th (or so) Supreme Court Chief Justice. The vote was 78-22... I was disappointed in that vote. It shows bi-partisan politics. The last three justices have been elected with no more than 3 nays. Even the liberal justice appointed by Clinton (Ruth).
On to Roberts...
Roberts is 50 years old. That means he may have 25-30 years on the bench and could be through 7-8 presidents. He's conservative, which I like and he's very controlled in what he says and does. I like that too. I enjoyed watching the tv sound bits of the confirmation hearings. The one I am thinking of involved Bidden (Democrat) and Roberts. Bidden told him to stop giving misleading answers, and the chair of the committee stepped in saying "He can give misleading answers if he wants too, their his answers!"-- Roberts chimed in by saying, "With all due respect Senator, my answers are not misleading, they are the truth."
I'm going to love that guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home